- The first digital bank in Armenia
- ServicesRetail bankingDEPOSITS
- Classical depositProcedure of Calculation and Payment of Interest on Deposits
Procedure of Calculation and Payment of Interest on Deposits
- Interest will be calculated daily on actual deposit balance, using a straightforward method, for the entire period of deposit agreement. The interest rate for each day in a year will be calculated as a ratio of 1/365, for leap year - 1/366.
- Interest rate will be accrued starting the next day of depositing your funds until the last but one day of deposit withdrawal.
- Interest accrued will be paid in cash and non-cash manner: in the currency of placement of funds or in Armenian drams based on the bank’s non-cash FX buying rate set as of the payment day.
- At your choice, interest amount will be paid by using the following options:
- Regular payment of interest, under which the interest accrued on the deposit will be paid to you according to mutually agreed schedule, or
- Interest payment at the end of the deposit tenure, under which the interest accrued on the deposit will be paid at the end of the deposit agreement (interest will be paid together with deposit principal amount).
- Interest accrued on your funds shall be computed based on NOMINAL interest rate while ANNUAL INTEREST YIELD will show the income you would have gained in case of re-depositing the accrued interest into your deposit account. The procedure of computation of annual interest rate (Regulation 8-02) can be found on the website: www.cba.am.